The lovely ladies over at Katy Sue Designs, who are behind Flower Soft® which came inside the CCbox7 Woodland box, realise that some of you might not have used it before. So, they gave us their 20 top tips for using Flower Soft®! Just sprinkle a little imagination…
Flower Soft as found in CCbox7. Image credit to http://thesparklypanda.blogspot.co.uk
1. Empty Flower Soft® into a bigger dish and run through your fingers to separate and allow air into the product. This will help you sprinkle evenly, and you’ll be amazed by how much was in that little pot!
2. Use good quality Flower Soft® glue. Runny glue will result in your Flower Soft® dripping off the wires.
3. Always give Flower Soft® drying time after use, especially if using more than one colour.
4. Use a sheet of paper under your project to collect all the excess Flower Soft® you can then funnel the remainder back into the pot.
5. For a bouquet use five short two inch stems of florist wire, a spray can have between seven and nine stems, apply glue fairly thickly to the end quarter.
6. Sprinkle the Flower Soft® over the glue, turning stem to completely cover – this method ensures you won’t disturb the glue on the wires. No need to be gentle here, just throwing it over works best.
7. Lightly tap off excess Flower Soft® from wires after covering and leave to dry by standing upright in foam or Plasticine.
8. Make your bouquet cone out of fine tissue paper. For best results use a two-inched squared piece and fold as a piping bag.
9. Arranging your flowers should be done from the top. Look at the flow of your spray/bouquet and tier them in layers or graduate for a spray.
10. Now look at the bottom of your bunch and trim the base of the stems to the same level.
11. If making a bouquet, glue the base of the bunch, trim bottom of wires and add glue, place straight into your tissue cone.
12. If making a spray, arrange as desired, then wind thread around the mid point of the stems to secure.
13. Glue the thread bound area of your spray to your scrap page/card and glue the ribbon bow over this to cover afterwards.
14. Because your Flower Soft® flowers are on wires they will bend into any shape even after you have glued onto your project.
15. For tiny bows and ribbon work on projects always use silk ribbon.
Designs and Texts
16. When writing text, use a ruler and write in pencil first to ensure it is centred correctly on the project.
17. Most Flower Soft® works best against light colours, so for best results don’t use over dark printed ink.
18. To add sparkle to Flower Soft® use as normal and after you have tapped off the excess, whilst the glue is still wet, sprinkle fine glitter on top and tap off excess.
19. Don’t make your text or design too small or fussy for best results.
20. Be creative….why not save all your excess sprinkles and mix together to make your own original colour!